CJMCU-96 MCP9600 Thermocouple to Digital Converter Differential Input I2C Interface Module
1. Thermocouple Electromotive Force (EMF) to °C
- Converter: Integrated Cold-Junction Compensation
2. Supported Types (designated by NIST ITS-90):
- Type K, J, T, N, S, E, B and R
3. ±1.5°C (Max.) Hot-Junction Accuracy
4. Measurement Resolution:
- Hot and Cold-Junctions: +0.0625°C (typical)
5. Four Programmable Temperature Alert Outputs:
- Monitor Hot or Cold-Junction Temperatures
- Detect Rising or Falling Temperatures
- Up to 255°C of Programmable Hysteresis
6. Programmable Digital Filter for Temperature
7. Low Power:
- Shutdown Mode
- Burst Mode: 1 to 128 Temperature Samples
8. 2-Wire Interface: I2C Compatible, 100kHz
- Supports Eight Devices per I2C Bus
9. Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
10. Operating Current: 300uA (typical)
11. Shutdown Current: 2uA (typical)
12. Package: 20-lead MQFN
Microchip Technology Inc's MCP9600 converts thermocouple EMF to degree Celsius with integrated cold-junction compensation.
This device corrects the thermocouple nonlinear error characteristics of eight thermocouple types and outputs ±1.5°C accurate temperature data for the selected thermocouple.
The correction coefficients are derived from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) ITS-90 Thermocouple Database.
The MCP9600 digital temperature sensor comes with user-programmable registers which provide design flexibility for various temperature sensing applications.
The registers allow user-selectable settings, such as Low-Power modes for battery-powered applications, adjustable digital filter for fast transient temperatures and four individually programmable temperature alert outputs which can be used to detect multiple temperature zones.
The temperature alert limits have multiple user-programmable configurations, such as alert polarity as either an active-low or active-high push-pull output, and output function as a Comparator mode (useful for thermostat-type operation) or Interrupt mode for microprocessor-based systems.
In addition, the alerts can detect either a rising or a falling temperature with up to ±225°C hysteresis.
This sensor uses an in dustry standard 2-wire, I2C compatible serial interface and supports up to eight devices per bus by setting the device address using the ADDR pin.
Petrochemical Thermal Management
Hand-Held Measurement Equipment
Industrial Equipment Thermal Management
Industrial Engine Thermal Monitor
Temperature Detection Racks
1 x MCP9600 Dual 18-Bit Thermocouple to Digital Converter